Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wish List

I have started to make a little wish list of things I want to do (mostly consume) after the baby arrives. I know, I've got a long road ahead of me, but still, how I long for soft cheeses these days...

1. A deliciously fruity rum drink - like the Jamaican Sunset we drank on our honeymoon.
2. A fresh salad with loads of bleu cheese. And bacon. Because that pairs well with the cheese.
3. A huge hunk of brie.
4. A large, exquisitely made, fully caffeinated cappuccino.
5. A messy plate of eggs benedict with barely poached eggs DRENCHED in hollandaise sauce.
6. A long soak in a hot-tub. Preferably one up in the mountains somewhere above 9,000 feet.

And the big one...I know a lot of women expect jewelry or some other gift from their husband after carrying a baby for nine months. I'd really love a house-keeper and a yoga pass. Please and thanks.

That is all.

29 weeks, 3 days and counting...

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I want to see if this list changes during the pregnancy. And, why can't you have #2, 3, 5, or 6 right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I am not allowed any "soft cheeses" as they can harbor dangerous bacteria that the FDA insists will kill your baby! I've cheated a little here and there, I'm not going to lie. I had pasteurized brie on a salad a few weeks ago and it was delicious. Then I felt guilty. And my doc doesn't want me going above 9,000 feet in elevation because it can impact my lung capacity and getting oxygen to the baby. And the warning against hot tubs is that you're at risk of boiling your baby.

    Fun times, right?

    ReplyDelete