Monday, April 26, 2010

Maternity Clothes

Please, someone tell me where the cute maternity clothes are?

My jeans are getting a little tight, and while searching for something to wear to the opera over the weekend, I could find just one skirt that would fit. My books are all telling me this is normal, so yay, but they are also telling me that starting next week, I can expect to start gaining a pound a week. Holy crap!

The anal retentive planner in me has kicked in and today I went to two stores searching for cute duds so I'm "prepared" only to leave disappointed. Old Navy has an online selection, but I couldn't find anything labeled "maternity" actually in the store. Then, Target had a few things, but they either made me look like a house, or had weird fitting issues in spots.

And what exactly can I expect to happen? I mean, I gather that my ass is going to be huge before this ordeal is over, so do maternity clothes take that into account, or should I be looking for a size bigger to accommodate bigger booty?

Thoughts or suggestions for shopping dilemmas are welcome.

28 weeks, 5 days and counting...

2 comments:

  1. So, I found maternity clothes did allow for ass growth...The growing of your ass will happen slowly and you may not even realize how much ass growth you've actually acquired until it is all said and done and baby W is born...This happens when you look back at the pics taken over the duration of your pregnancy and you think "Holy crap I was a fatty fat fat and NO ONE told me! Grreat." So, yes, in my experience with maternity clothing there is room and I would tend to buy the "size/number" I wore before getting knocked up. All fit just as they should, most of the time. I enjoyed Old Navy the best...Due to my height I couldn't wear Target pants but I def rocked their shirts and DRESSES!!!!! LOVE Mat dresses!!!! Tip for the summer-get yourself one of those terry cloth, long, tube top style (with shoulder straps) sun dresses (know the ones??) which in can be dressed up or down and very comfortable. OH!!!! and a bella band!!!! ?'s about that let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I'm experiencing the pains of ass growth. I knocked something over with my ass yesterday. It was as if it was no longer under my own control - it was actively conspiring against me!

    ReplyDelete