Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Maternity Clothes Deux

Last night, I ventured out to a mall that is evidently the local mecca for all things maternity wear. I discovered the maternity section of Old Navy and Gap and scored a few things from A Pea in the Pod.

All I can say is this: this crap is hellishly expensive! Seriously! I haven't dropped that much cash on clothes in one single swoop since I was a single gal in DC. I shudder at my husband's expression when he views the debits from our checking account.

I will say, however, that it was a super fun treat to strap on the little fake pregnancy bellies and catch a glimpse of how I might look in the next few months. That part was very fun.

There is also a happy ending to this mini-dilemma. Let's call her Saint Teresa. My wonderful, kind, beautiful co-worker brought a huge bag and a giant box stuffed to the gills with maternity duds to work for me today. I heart her. With a few more pieces here and there, I should be able to proceed through my pregnancy fully clothed.

Thank God for that!

28 weeks, 4 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment