Sunday, April 18, 2010

Making Room

I am officially now into the double digits - both in pregnancy and in waist size. Officially at ten weeks now, the baby is about the size of a kumquat. The baby has also made the transition to "fetus" which means that all the important good stuff in terms of parts are there and accounted for.

While the baby is the size of an uber small citrus fruit, my waist-line has definitely expanded. Typically, my pant size pre-pregnancy hovered around an 8/10. 8 for work clothes during the week - 10 for the comfy stuff when you want more room. I have two pairs of size 12 "fat pants" for those moments of desperation. Let's just say, goodbye size 8. And the fat pants are seeing more action these days. Granted, my growing belly is more of a food-baby than real baby at this point, but in my defense I must point out that the baby comes with accessories. There's bloat, my ever expanding uterus, placenta (that word grosses me out), amniotic fluid, and of course, that nice reserve of fat - you know, just in case. What I'm saying is there's a lot going on in there. So, it's not JUST the chili dog and tater tot craving, okay? My body is making room for baby - a proper hostess, indeed.

I must say that I am looking forward to the big, round, beautiful pregnant belly full of baby, accessories and all. It's strange to feel so pregnant and not look it...

29 weeks, 6 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment