Sunday, October 3, 2010

34 Weeks!

This blog is brought to you live from our babymoon.  The hubs and I took a little trip to a secret, undisclosed location.  The trip is half delicious retreat, and half forced exile.  It is certainly our last weekend holed up in a hotel just the two of us, and I'm glad that we're able to have this time together - it's been wonderful.  There's a pool.  Can I just say how awesome a pool is right now?  To be lighter?  Oh, it's heaven. 

And I'm excited to come home, too, because - glory be - our remodel project is also coming to a close this weekend.  The big finish is the refinishing of all our hardwood floors  - which is why we had to get out of town.  Because those fumes would be bad news for me.  So, thank you, dear insurance company, for the nice weekend away in a kushy hotel.  We are enjoying our time immensely.

The break is just what I needed, too.  Coming down off of the high from all the excitement around the baby shower last weekend has been a bit of a crash landing for me.  I was pretty much exhausted this past week, so the time away with not much to do has been a great escape.

So, here's the update.  Our little girl is coming in at close to five pounds now and about 18 inches long.  Reaching the 34 week mark is a big milestone in terms of concerns for pre-term labor - most babies born at this time do not have any long-term difficulties.  That being said, she can just stay put for a few more weeks, thankyouverymuch.  Me?  Well, things are starting to feel a little reminiscent of the first trimester lately.  A crowded belly means a little heartburn and nausea.  Definitely a lot of fatigue.  Swelling, carpal tunnel, and my right arm is still falling asleep and getting all dull and tingly pretty much every night no matter what position I sleep in.  My poor husband is being a good sport about all the tossing and turning.  Fortunately, the worst of it usually happens around 4 or 5 in the morning, when we've had a little rest.  And I know it's only a small dose of what's to come.  But still.  Lack of sleep sucks a big one.

I also want to thank everyone for the feedback from last week's blog.  The top five lists have been coming in, and with them, whole hell of a lot of relief, I'm feeling like I'm in a really good place.  The girlscout in me is smiling at my preparedness.  So, thanks!  Of course, there's always something that comes up, but that I can roll with.

5 weeks 6 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment