Friday, October 22, 2010

Dropped

Medical people call it "lightening."  Others say, "the baby has dropped."  I think the latter is more realistic to the sensation because what it feels like is  a bowling ball resting squarely on your bladder, between your pelvic bones.  And it makes you walk funny.  I mean, more funny than you were walking.  A whole new waddle.  Reminiscent of a penguin.  One thing is for sure, there's nothing "light" about it.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure that within the past 24-36 hours the baby has dropped.  My doctor's visit on Monday showed via ultrasound that she's head down and ready to go.  This is the natural progression.  One bonus, I can kinda sorta breathe again without wheezing or panting. 

That's a win, I guess.

3 weeks and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment