Tuesday, September 28, 2010

33 Weeks aka Babyshower craziness!

What a fantastic week.

Seriously!

This past weekend, I was flooded with friends and family - some people who I literally hadn't laid eyes on in years - to celebrate our little girl.  And I was spoiled rotten.  Well, she was spoiled rotten, and vicariously, I was also spoiled.  But truly, it was such a memorable moment - to be in a room full of all these women who I admire, who had entered my life at different times and supported me in different ways.  My little lady village.  Plus!  Cupcakes!  A perfect day indeed.

Now that everyone has left town and Scott and I are taking a good look at the new baby inventory, we have sort of a deer in the headlights kind of look about us.  Something along the lines of, "Oh MAH Gawd.  This is really happening."  followed by, "what exactly is THAT for?"  followed by, "what else do we need to get in...oh...four weeks?" 

I admit it.  We're feeling a little like some of this is over our head these days.  I required a hands-on tutorial from my friend, Meg, on how exactly one puts on a Baby Bjorn (it so closely resembles a power pack from Ghostbusters!)  All this gear - it's just - wow.  It's funny, I am not worried about labor.  Truly.  Not scared - or at least no more than any normal person would be.  But I am truly wigged out that we might need a very specific baby gadget that we are currently lacking.  Is this nesting, perhaps?  I dunno...

Many of my friends who have children this weekend were peppered with questions from me like, "talk to me about nursing bras?" or "what kind of baby monitor do we need?"  And, of course, everyone has an opinion.

So, the marketing person in me would like to open up the survey to all of you - dear readers.  Now is your chance to weigh-in.  Send me your top five list of "must have or you will die" newborn necessities."  I figure I trust all of you as much as that Baby Bargains book, so why not?  But don't dawdle, 'cuz...

...6 weeks, 4 days and counting...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, let me see...its been awhile, say 15 yrs! I'm sure there has been more useful stuff invented since 1995, but I'll give it a shot.

    1. bouncy chair~ that's what I called it..you can either bounce it with your foot or even more special..get one that's battery operated!!

    2. shoulder pads~ yep, you guessed...I knew you would know what those are for! It will save your clothes and prevent you from totally smelling like soured milk..

    3. onesies~ with the snaps at the crouch...I went through a million of those...even in the winter..

    4. cereal feeder~ this is like an oversized bottle that you can mix baby cereal and milk in and feed to a very hungry baby. We had to start Tucker on cereal at 3 weeks. We could not keep up with his feedings...every TWO hours without fail. No one could sleep. The cereal feeder saved us! I'd ask my pediatrician first, though...

    5. hats~ babies need little soft hats in the winter time..actually newborns wear them anywhere there might be cool air, including air conditioned buildings. I used them all the time, and why not, babies look precious in those tiny little hats.

    well...that's my five, if you need more ideas, I'd be happy to share..truthfully, most babies only need momma's milk/formula, diapers, bath supplies, lots of cute pjs, onesies, clothes, blankets and lots of love. I have a feeling you're all set to bring your baby girl into the world..relax and have fun!

    ReplyDelete