Saturday, September 11, 2010

31 Weeks!

So, yeah.  I can't breathe.  They say this happens, but until it happens, you don't really realize how uncomfortable it is.  The baby is now about 3.3 - 3.8 lbs, which is about the weight of a bag of oranges or sock full of nickles.  She very much enjoys kicking me in the diaphragm, and my lungs are way squished.  Plus, my nose has now decided to produce what I fear may be an extremely abnormal amount of snot.  I appear to be newly allergic to all forms of cotton, including my pillow, blankets, pajamas and all things outdoors.  What really sucks is that now that the weather is cooler, I'm excited to get back into my walking routine, but after a few blocks, I sound like a wheezing geriatric.

Pregnancy is fun!

30.6 weeks pregnant.
The baby is going through some major brain and nerve development these days.  Or so I read.  So, I've been very worried about getting all of those important Omega 3's and DHA in.  Her irises can now react to light and all five of her senses are in working order.  She continues to bulk up, and I hear is on the verge of a growth spurt.  That's sort of daunting, because, have you seen my belly lately?  Yeah.  Holy baby belly is right!  I feel like I need to lay off the desserts - they are my weakness right now.  But seriously, it's all I have.  If I can't have a Bloody Mary or a glass of wine then by God please let me eat three slices of cake.  They say that pregnant women usually crave either the sweet or the salty, and I am on team sweet for sure.  With the occasional hamburger hankering.  With fries.

So, this morning I shipped Scott off to Daddy Boot Camp.  Isn't that cute?  Seriously.  But the class is really a great idea.  It's 3 hours, guys-only, taught by new fathers and is supposed to go over all the basics: "Becoming a Dad", "Forming a New Family", and my favorite, "Caring for New Moms".  I was assured by the nice lady who helped me register that diaper changing, burping, swaddling and feeding were all also covered.  Awesome.  Not that I'm worried.  Because truly, Scott's going to be an amazing father.  When we lived out in DC we were often around my brother's kids, and they ADORE him.  And the day he convinced our uber picky, err, I mean independent niece, Kelsey, to snuggle up on the couch and watch hockey with him, which she did - for the whole game - with no complaints - and I think actually enjoyed it - was the day I knew he'd figure this whole Dad thing out pretty quickly.

Now, when is this boot camp for new Mom's, I wonder? 

9 weeks and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment