Saturday, June 26, 2010

Holy Cantaloupe! or 20 Weeks!

Today, I am 20 weeks along - officially halfway!  Whee!  Yay!  

Every week, I get a few different e-mails from different pregnancy websites that tell me a bit about what's going on with the baby and the pregnancy with each weekly milestone.  They've been a great resource and a fun read for me.  I love to recite the highlights to Scott on Saturday morning over breakfast.  Usually the e-mails tell us what's developing in our baby (this week - taste buds!), and how I'm probably feeling (hormonal!), and the size of the baby in comparison to food.  We started with a grain of rice, went up to a peanut, then a blueberry, then a grape, olive, apricot, peach, etc.  As we work our way around the produce department, I marvel at how quickly it all happens.  I also often wonder if we're talking about locally grown organic produce here, or that standard grocery store mass produced stuff, because the former is often smaller (and tastier) than the latter.  But I digress... 

I think today's growth statement is one of the most impressive so far.  Baby-girl is now the size of a cantaloupe.  Maybe it's just me, but doesn't that sound rather large?  I mean, a peach was cute, a naval orange was large-ish, but holy shit!  We've graduated to the melons!?  Bah!  I shared this news with Scott with what I'm sure was a horrified look on my face and he calmly replied, "just wait until she's a watermelon."

GAH!

20 weeks (that's right!) 20 weeks and counting...

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Do they really get to be the size of a watermelon, lol?
    It's pretty amazing - she's growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete