Monday, June 7, 2010

17 weeks!

I am officially 17 weeks pregnant. And all is well.

My belly is starting to look less like a beer/chicken wing gut and more like there's a baby in there. Badly in need of new clothes - especially summery stuff - I personally increased Old Navy/GAP corporation's stock last week. How I wish more stores carried maternity lines. Not just a hand full of pieces, but an actual department. Like housewares. With options.

I'm still feeling some baby acrobatics from time to time. Nothing that's very consistent, mind you, but last night my tummy was feeling quite "bubbly" at bed-time. I stayed up late to enjoy the show. It's really the strangest and most wonderful feeling.

Other fun things that are happening: I'm far less coordinated. I've never really been the most graceful of people, (anyone who took a dance class with me in college can attest to this!) but I'm definitely starting to feel a shift in gravity. I keep bumping into stuff, and every day I discover a new bruise with no recollection of how it was obtained. I've been sporting this real beauty on the inside of my knee for about two weeks now and for the life of me, I can't figure out what I did to get it.

I'm also hot. Not, "damn, girl, you look hot." But oh my GOD if I don't stand directly in front of the air conditioner I will surely melt hot. I was worried about this when I learned I'd be pregnant over the summer months. Thank goodness we live in Denver and got away from the East coast humidity. But still, I'm soooo hot. All the time now. It doesn't help that we've had temperatures in the upper 80's and 90's the past few days. I watch the weather forecast and long to sit in a tub of ice. It's strange because I'm usually one of those people who keep a cardigan close by all summer because I freeze in the air conditioning. I'm not so worried about that this year.

Nothing tastes better than fresh fruit and vegetables right now. I'm getting my protein, so don't worry. But the idea of cooking over a hot stove (see paragraph above) sounds hellish, and there's nothing more refreshing that fresh summer produce. My new favorite snack. Well, there's two. The first, frozen blueberries. I stocked up on a big package of fresh berries from Costco and froze them thinking they'd be great for pancakes in the winter or something. Last night while foraging, I pulled a couple out and plucked them in my mouth and found them to be totally delightful. This was, of course, after my other favorite snack, a Skinny Cow ice cream cone. To the fine folks at the Skinny Cow company - I salute you. Delicious low-fat ice cream, in a sugar cone lined with chocolate. And just 150 calories. Genius. I love it. Perhaps a bit too much. I could probably eat five in one sitting.

I've also noticed I have a shorter fuse these days. Especially at work. My patience...not so abundant. But I try to reserve my blow-ups to happen in the privacy of my own home or office where I can mutter profanity at e-mails in peace without disturbing others.

Finally, I'm becoming a bit more forgetful. Scott is a good sport about this. I'm pretty sure that I've been repeating whole conversations. I can usually tell by this one smile he gets while he talks to me when I'm repeating myself. I call it gestational amnesia. My wee little brain just can't handle all these neurons firing at once.

Now, what was I going to do??

22 weeks, 4 days and counting...

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! I'm sorry you're spending your days in 90 degree weather, but it's better than say, living in Vegas, yes?
    No strange cravings yet?

    ReplyDelete