Sunday, August 8, 2010

26 Weeks!

And so we enter the third trimester.

Let the nesting begin.

I have now rearranged the furniture in the nursery at least five times.  With Scott volunteering to make the eight hour drive from Denver to Draper, Utah, to go to IKEA, I imagine I'll likely rearrange the furniture in there at least two or three more times when all is said and done (and that's probably a conservative estimate.)  I also bought diapers last week.  Yep.  Diapers.  Because along with nesting comes a certain amount of hoarding.  Which is why I also bought diaper rash creme, vaseline, baby laundry detergent, and an arsenal of earth/baby friendly cleaning products.

Baby Girl Weygandt, at this point, is pretty much just baking off.  She now has all five senses, which I think is just wild.  Her ears and inner ears are fully developed so she can officially eavesdrop on my conversations while maintaining a sense of balance.  She's still giving David Beckham a run for his money in my belly.  She's about 14 inches from head to toe, and, following the produce growth chart, is about the size of a large eggplant. 

Tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment and we'll be doing some more blood-work including an anemia test and the glucose tolerance test, which is a screening test for gestational diabetes.  The timing is good, I suppose, because I have completed my mission to visit every ice cream parlor in Boulder, Colorado (where I work).  Instead of my regular lunch or coffee meetings, I've been pulling the pregnancy card every chance I get and scheduling ice cream meetings.  And it's been a good run.  Fingers crossed that the doc doesn't tell me to lay off the sugar tomorrow because, seriously, that's all I've got.  I can't indulge in an adult beverage (oh, what I would do for a margarita), I can't get a real caffeine fix, so delicious desserts - that's all I have left.  Please, oh please, don't take that away from me!  Because while I may have visited all the locations, there are so many flavors still to be savored.

13 weeks, 6 days and counting...

1 comment:

  1. Omg, I am SO getting gestational diabetes. I try to get sweets every chance I get and I have no excuse!

    Sweetie this is so exciting (and informative!)

    ReplyDelete