Saturday, May 8, 2010

13 Weeks!

I am officially through the first trimester!

[insert fanfare here].

Can I just say, the second trimester - so far - could kick the first trimester's ass any day. I have more energy, am no longer as green as Kermit, and finally feel like myself again.

Cool things are happening with the baby too. It has fingerprints! Seriously. Fingerprints. It's little body is finally catching up with it's giant head, and we should start looking more proportionate over the next several weeks. It has a fully developed digestive system and the intestines that were formerly outside it's body (as part of the umbilical cord) have now magically moved inside its body. Thank goodness. Biology is way freaky.

And I hear that I can now expect to gain on average a pound a week over the next three months. The overachiever that I am, I'm pretty sure I knocked off just the first five this week. I woke up this morning feeling HUGE! Seriously, as I rolled ever so non-elegantly out of bed this morning, I caught a glimpse of a thigh and it ain't pretty. Overall, I still look more chubby than preggy, but I am officially living in maternity pants or comfy drawers with forgiving elastic bands (affectionately deemed "my eating pants").

The fun part this week? Some of that nesting desire has kicked in. I spent nearly the entire day yesterday researching items for our baby registry and trying to figure out just how to configure the furniture we haven't purchased yet in the nursery. I know that probably sounds horribly anal retentive, but it's really my happy place. I love to plan and make notes and research things online. I am going to be good at this nesting thing. Except for that whole trying to keep the rest of the house in order thing...yeah, that's not really happening these days. Baby stuff is much more fun.

26 weeks, 6 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment