Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pillow Talk

It's about 4am as I write this.  I just had the most engrossing conversation.  With our baby.  Who is still in utero.

She started stirring around 3am, rousing me from my slumber.  I tossed and turned for a bit, trying to find a more comfortable position for us both.  Then, I responded to her tap-tap-tapping with my own.  And she tapped back!  I swear.  I tapped on my belly at the same place where she was a knockin', and she would tap back.  Like some kind of crazy baby morse code or something.

Then, the hormones kicked in and I started to well up a little and I decided it was probably time to roll out of bed and watch some infomercials.

I don't think I'll ever forget this moment - our first conversation together.  Why is it that the best conversations always happen in the wee hours?

16 weeks and counting...

1 comment:

  1. That's really beautiful, Reen. I had no idea that that ever occurred.

    ReplyDelete