Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Get A Kick

I know that I've told you all that this little girl seems very active.  A little disco dancer.  But seriously!  The bigger she gets, the stronger the kicks, and what were once little flutters are now distinct sensations.  I swear, she rolled over the other day and I felt like at any moment we were going to have a Sigourney Weaver Alien scene.

She's particularly active after breakfast and around 8.30 at night.  Like clockwork.  Then, periodically throughout the day and night at random intervals.  It's impossible to concentrate on anything when she's moving around.  Most of the time, I love every second of it, but it's distracting for sure.  And it's hard to eat when there's something moving around inside you.  I lose my appetite a bit when that happens.

The kicks are strong enough that you can feel them from the outside now, although she gets shy when Dad tries to feel.  When she really gets going, you can sometimes see it, too.  One day, I spent a good 20 minutes staring at my belly watching for the slightest movement (yes, I need a new hobby).

My favorite is when she gets going while I'm in the bath.  It's like a scene from Jurassic Park.  Little ripples of water extend from my belly.  A tiny little splash sometimes.  No joke.  It's very Sci Fi.

17 weeks, 6 days and counting...

2 comments:

  1. It does sound a little scifi. One time, when my sister was about 8 mos, her baby put his hand up to her belly and you could see he hand print from the outside!!! That freaked me out a wee bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear- just wait for the kicks at 9 months! Those kicks are pure enjoyment now but as that gorgeous girl gets bigger and her growing space smaller- those kicks will be aimed at your back, your lungs and your bladder! :)

    ReplyDelete