Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Watched Pot...

...never boils.  That's what they say.  Already, parenthood is teaching me great patience.

Now four days overdue, there is no one who is more anxious about the current situation than me.  And while it's really heart warming to know there are so many people who love and care about us and want to know what's going on, it's an awkward feeling to be the center of such attention.  Especially when you have no control over the situation.  And it's truly impossible to keep up with all the inquiries.  So, the time has come for a blanket update.

A watched pot never boils.

But seriously.  We're making a little progress, and things seem to be happening in their own time.  A visit to the doctor today confirmed that I am in the early stages of labor, and have been for the past 24 hours - but this could go on for hours or days or (gasp) a week.  It's hard to say.  And that's hard to hear.  The not knowing - it's maddening.  What I DO know is these early contractions hurt like a mother and I will most certainly be saying, "yes, please" to an epidural.  Hopefully very soon.

So, the plan is to see how things progress on their own between now and Monday.  On Monday, we start talking induction.  Fingers crossed we see some progress before then.

Thanks, everyone, for all your kind wishes and inquiries.  But I PROMISE to let you all know the happy news as soon as we have news to share.

Still counting...

2 comments:

  1. I know this is hard and the waiting is killing you. I'm not going to tell you to be patient and hang in there anymore. Just going to tell you I love you and looking forward to seeing pictures of her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Meg! Be good to yourself and know that there is a lot of love out there for you -- and healthy epidural when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete