Friday, March 5, 2010

Two Pink Lines

I couldn't wait any longer. It's two days before Aunt Flo's visit, but the afternoon fatigue and a co-workers passing "maybe your pregnant" comment got the better of me. So, as soon as I got home, I ran upstairs, ripped open the package and peed on a stick. I sat there with my pants around my ankles watching the results come in. Like election night. And then, s-l-o-w-l-y one pink line followed by another appeared.

The day before had been my 31st birthday. Great timing for such a special gift.

Grinning, I carried the test downstairs to our family room where my husband was sitting.

"Schmoop?" I called to him affectionately.

"Yeah?"

"Looks like I got a late birthday present."

He glanced over and saw me holding the test smiling. He smiled back. And here. We. Go.

37 weeks, 3 days and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment